Starting on Friday, December 11th we will be turning The Event Room at JJ’s into a gift wrapping service! We figured it was a good use of the space, since nobody is having Holiday parties. Each day will be staffed by volunteer elves raising money for specific charities. Some of those charities are yet to be determined, and we still have a couple of open dates left, so if you know anyone interested in doing some good work and having a lot of fun, please have them contact email@example.com.
The process will be simple… Drop off your gifts, everything will be tagged with your name and each package will be numbered. You will then leave and come back later to grab your items. If you need something to do, fortunately we have a pretty sweet bar serving some pretty awesome beer, wine, cocktails and food! Or maybe wander across the parking lot and throw some axes at JJ’s Axes & Ales!
The cost? Total free, however we do ask that you leave a free will donation for the charity specified for the day you stop, drop & wrap!
Here is the schedule…
- Friday, December 11th – 3 to 7pm – NEED VOLUNTEERS! All donations will support The Teddy Bear Den of Sioux Falls!
- Saturday, December 12th – 3 to 7pm – Volunteers from the the Huntington’s Disease Society of America will be wrapping gifts and raising money for HDSA
- Sunday, December 13th – 12 to 4pm – Dakota Dachshund Rescue volunteers raising money for the pooches! Dogs are welcome!
- Friday, December 18th – 3 to 7pm – Volunteers NEEDED, raising money for The Banquet.
- Saturday, December 19th – 3 to 7pm – Volunteers from the Teddy Bear Den of Sioux Falls Board of Directors raising money for The Teddy Bear Den.
- Sunday, December 20th – 12 to 4pm – Volunteers from Ronald McDonald House Charities, raising money for RMHC
- Monday, December 21st – 3 to 7pm – Volunteers from Republic National Distributing Co. raising money for yet to be determined charity.
- Tuesday, December 22nd – 3 to 7pm – Volunteers from a local bank raising money for Ronald McDonald House Charities
While we are sad that we aren’t having fun parties in The Event Room at JJ’s, we feel this is a good use of the space! COVID Protocol will be in place, so please wear a mask when you drop your gifts off. All of our volunteers will be masked and gloved. There will be four wrapping stations, so social distancing will not be a problem.
Any questions, please contact JJ’s Owner, Tom Slattery – firstname.lastname@example.org