September is in full swing, and we have what we call a nexus of activity this weekend. Our final weekend of Levitt concerts (see below), Augie home opener (Check out this article on GoAugie.com) and a wedding to throw into the mix (Congrats to Mikey & Natalie!)
Right now (literally, while I write this) we are hosting a group from Spader Business Management, a local company that started our as Spader Software which, coincidentally, was my first job out of college in 1994 as a member of their accounting installation specialist team. There are a few folks still with the company, so it was nice to see them and say hello!
Why am I mentioning this? Because we love to throw parties for groups like this. They started the day with lunch in The Event Room at JJ’s, moved over to throw axes for a couple of hours at JJ’s Axes & Ales, and will be coming back here for a whiskey, wine and beer tasting to wrap up their event! We love to do these things, so let us know if we can kick around some ideas for your next holiday party, company outing or team building experience!
WHAT’S GOING ON AT JJ’S?
This is a sort of a rhetorical question, but also the title of our new Facebook Group! What’s Going on at JJ’s is a private group that we will be building a community of JJ’s fans in an effort to communicate with you a little more consistently on Facebook. The link to join the group is here – https://www.facebook.com/
- Thursday – Thursdays have been interesting nights in JJ’s Bar. It has kind of turned into a “date night” for a lot of people, with quite a few of you coming in to dine and enjoy a quiet evening on the patio. No features again this week as we are running a little shorthanded again. Check out The Boozy Bakery™ | JJ’s Wine, Spirits & Cigars (jjswine.com) to see what’s available!
- Friday – JJ’s Bar opens at NOON for lunch. We received our monthly allotment of Drekker items this week and still have quite a bit to sell. It is Fresh Beer Friday, so all singles and growlers are 30% off List Price! See our full list of Draft Beers to Go (or stay) this link, then follow us on UNTAPPD for updates! – Draft Beer To Go – Or Stay! | JJ’s Wine, Spirits & Cigars (jjswine.com)
- Saturday – We are all over the place on Saturday, but here at JJ’s Bar we will have college football on all day, plus it should be fairly nice out, so the patio will be open and so will our garage doors! If you are going to the Augie game, JJ’s Bar at KO Stadium opens at NOON, serving up some tasty brews and wine. We will close at the end of the 3rd quarter and pull out and head downtown to our final Levitt concert of the year!
LEVITT WEEK 15 – The Finale!
We have THREE more Levitt concerts to finish out the season!
- Thursday – Tonight we have Roanoke as the headliner, and I am certain they will be a lot of fun – https://fb.me/e/2SQVZ8Kox – That being said, our dear friend, Elisabeth Hunstad is opening at 7:00pm and we couldn’t be more excited to see her up on the Levitt Stage! JJ’s Bar will open at 6:00pm!
- Friday – Mae Estes – https://fb.me/e/3np7POYM9 – Claiming she could do it better than LeAnn Rimes, seven year old Mae Estes grabbed a microphone as she walked to the middle of an Arkansas rodeo arena and sang the national anthem for the first time. From that moment, she knew exactly what she’d do with her life.
- Saturday – Lee Rocker of the Stray Cats – https://fb.me/e/38aKJqN9s –
Lee Rocker made his mark singing, playing, standing on, spinning and rocking his giant upright bass as a founding member (along with Brian Setzer and Slim Jim Phantom), of the GRAMMY nominated music group The Stray Cats, who sold over 10 million albums and garnered 23 gold and platinum certified records worldwide.
JJ’s Bar opens for Happy Hour at the Levitt at 6:00pm before every concert! I know, they say the lawn doesn’t open until 6:30, but don’t pay attention to that and come out and see us and the fun food trucks before the majority of the crowd shows up! We have the largest array of beverage options you will ever find in this type of setting (that is not an exaggeration) and a happy staff ready and willing to get you served and back to your spot on the lawn ASAP!
Know before you go… JJ’s Bar at the Levitt Beverage Menu | JJ’s Wine, Spirits & Cigars (jjswine.com) – This link is to our live Levitt menu. All of our beverage options and prices are on here, so you know what to expect when you get to our bar!
SIOUX FALL’S LOCAL BEST & The NATION’s #15 Retailer!
For the Second year in a row, YOU have named us here at JJ’s your favorite place to shop for adult beverages! Many thanks to those who voted for us, and even more so for your continued support of our little Mom & Pop shop in south Sioux Falls! See the results here at – The 5 best Beer, Wine & Spirits in Sioux Falls The Local Best
We have also been named, for the second year in a row, the NATION’s #15 Adult Beverage Retailer! The only Midwest retailer in the Top 20 of Beverage Dynamics Top 100 Retailers of the Year!
That’s it for this week! Watch the social media channels through the weekend to see what else might pop up at JJ’s this weekend! All of the links are below…
Have a great weekend!