Happy Thursday! It appears that Summer has finally ended. I woke up this morning to the sound of wind chimes and cold air splashing my face. When I got up and let Buffy outside I realized… it’s October, and now it feels like it!
Did you make it out to KO Stadium for The Key to the City game? USF ended up winning, but the Vikings were in it all the way up to the final drive. They just couldn’t get it done. The JJ’s Beer Garden, however, got it done, and boy did we ever! We sold almost 2000 adult beverages in about two hours. I am fairly certain that was an unprecedented feat among all colleges selling alcohol this weekend. And I couldn’t be prouder of our team and the work we did to accomplish that! Next game is October 15th. Come see us at the JJ’s Beer Garden!
This week has been fun thus far. We are doing something a little different with food called “Fun with Food” as our culinary team-of-one is on a needed vacation. Tuesday was Tito’s Taco Tuesday. Carrie and I took over the kitchen and made fish tacos. They were loved by all who partook, and we look forward to bringing them back again. Last night Joe took over the kitchen and some fantastic chili to go along with a Barrell Bourbon flight. Along with our other light apps menu, Joe was pretty busy all night and I am sure looks forward to doing it again! The rest of the week is outline below in What’s Going on at JJ’s!
Did you hear we are having a Wine Sale? It’s the Birthday Month Wine Sale and ALL wines are 35% off List Price when you mix and match 12 bottles OR buy a full uncut case! This isn’t just on Monday folks; this is all month right up through the 31st! It’s a great time to stock up for the holidays or try some new stuff!
WHAT’S GOING ON AT JJ’S?
This is a sort of a rhetorical question, but also the title of our new Facebook Group! What’s Going on at JJ’s is a private group that we will be building a community of JJ’s fans in an effort to communicate with you a little more consistently on Facebook. The link to join the group is here – https://www.facebook.com/
- Thursday – As part of our Fun with Food week, I am taking over the kitchen and preparing 8oz Angus Prime Top Sirloin steaks with Jean’s Cheese Potatoes and Asparagus. I will be preparing these delicious cuts, procured from Uncle Ed’s Quality Meats, with a smoke and sear method and cooked to order. We also have LIVE music tonight from 6-8pm with James Dean out of Yankton. James brings a great sound to JJ’s Bar that is perfect for a date night. ALSO, we are launching a new beer with our friends from Covert Artisan Ales called “One In Four”. This will be a collaboration fund-raiser supporting The Compass Center. October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month, and this is what we are doing to help! Proceeds from every beer sold (can or draft) will be donated to The Compass Center on October 29th, when we wrap things up.
- Friday – JJ’s Bar opens at NOON for lunch. We are still working on a food feature to offer over the noon hour, but you are welcome to pop in and see what we came up with! Or just have drinks. Our Fun with Food puts the ball back in Jean’s court as she has prepared her Four Cheese Lasagna. Available after 3:00pm. This will be served with a Caesar salad and Garlic bread. It is Fresh Beer Friday, so all singles and growlers are 30% off List Price! See our full list of Draft Beers to Go (or stay) this link, then follow us on UNTAPPD for updates! – Draft Beer To Go – Or Stay! | JJ’s Wine, Spirits & Cigars (jjswine.com)
- Saturday – Our final Fun with Food Day! Tex-Mex is what’s up today with Colorado Beef Enchiladas. Available after 3:00pm. Served with a side salad and Avocado lime dressing. These are a hit anytime we bring them out, so I would not wait to stop in! We will be running a Cash bar at the Everybody’s Elvis Barn Dance at the Sanford Event Barn on Saturday night. This is a cooperative event with Midwest Honor Flight and Children’s Miracle Network. Tickets are still available – https://fb.me/e/679ZLgggX
As far as the rest of October? Here is a taste of what to look for…
- October 23rd is my birthday, so, since it is on a Sunday, we are going to celebrate all week the week after with some fun food features, events, live music and hopefully a couple of special single barrel releases. Stay tuned for that as well!
- October 26th – This will be a very special Whisk(e)y Wednesday, and cross your fingers, barrel release. I can’t tell you what will be released because it has not arrived yet, but if it does show up, it will be huge!
- October 27th – During birthday week, we will be hosting a Tequila Dinner with our friends from Codigo 1530. This will be a four-course dinner with four different tequilas including both of our single barrel tequilas. Stay tuned for more details on this one as well. Tickets will go on sale October 11th.
SIOUX FALL’S LOCAL BEST & The NATION’s #15 Retailer!
For the Second year in a row, YOU have named us here at JJ’s your favorite place to shop for adult beverages! Many thanks to those who voted for us, and even more so for your continued support of our little Mom & Pop shop in south Sioux Falls! See the results here at – The 5 best Beer, Wine & Spirits in Sioux Falls The Local Best
We have also been named, for the second year in a row, the NATION’s #15 Adult Beverage Retailer! The only Midwest retailer in the Top 20 of Beverage Dynamics Top 100 Retailers of the Year!
That’s it for this week! Watch the social media channels through the weekend to see what else might pop up at JJ’s this weekend! All of the links are below…
Have a great weekend!