Knob Creek Single Barrel Bourbon – JJ’s 18th Edition
This could quite possibly go on record as the longest we had ever waited for a single barrel to show up after making a selection. We actually did this selection during birthday month of 2021 at around the same time we released MQS75, which was our 17th barrel of Knob Creek to commemorate my father’s 75th birthday. It took an arduous six and a half months to get this one to our shelves. And we were thrilled when it did!
What we enjoyed most about this particular Knob Creek single barrel was the way it coats your mouth. See more in Tom’s Tasting Notes, but this one has a particularly high viscosity.
Please enjoy the Knob Creek Single Barrel Bourbon – JJ’s 18th Edition for your Sunday Sipper!
- Name: Knob Creek Single Barrel Bourbon – JJ’s 18th Edition
- Country of Origin/Locale: Claremont, KY
- Proof: 120.0
- Glass: Glencairn or Double Old-Fashioned Glass
- Temperature: Room, or with ice. Try it at room first
- Cocktail Options: Makes an insanely good 3.0ld Fashioned
- Available: Yes. Sort of. We have a limited number of bottles in our library. It will always be in JJ’s Bar.
- Price: List Price – $74.99 JJ’s VIP Price – $59.99
Tom’s Tasting Notes: As I indicated above, viscosity was the most dominant tactile component to this bourbon. The smell is very much Knob Creek with loads of caramel, vanilla, spice and oak. The taste is extraordinary though. Thick and viscous with caramel, spice and a touch of oak tannin.